Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Followers....and then there were 10 !

Hi folks,

how has your week been?   Cyclone Ului  'hit' the Mackay/Airlie Beach area during the early hours of this morning, and my thoughts are with them.  There will no doubt be a long period of recovery, but to date, I haven't heard of any loss of life.  We are overcast, and getting drizzle rain, but that is all.

Okay...onto my Followers!  This post is dedicated to them....without them, I wouldn't have continued this far with blogging......some may be regretting it!... lol .  I have even been used as an example of blogging....I enquired if I was the what NOT to do when I heard of this...but with great laughter.  I actually feel quite honoured to have been used as an example, and honoured to have reached the total of TEN Followers!   Thank you greatly.

As a sign of thanks, I am listing below the links to each of my Followers  (in no particular order) for you to visit their blogs and see who my Followers are.

Chris  is involved with the craft magazine  The Chocolate Crow Trader, along with a number of other blogs/sites, and her love of primitive crafts.

My sister Robyn, ( Sugar Pie Prims ) , is listed in The Chocolate Crow Trader, and has some of her craftwork for sale in my shop.  With 10 children, time is limited for her to be able to get into her craft, etc., but with her wonderful husband, she manages to.  When farming commitments permit, her husband  (R) organizes the kids for dishes duty, and bedtime,  so that Robyn can get things finished in time (or close to! lol )  R. also gives a hand when crafts need stuffing, etc.  I don't know what to say about R.....he is one in a million!

Keren is my first Follower from overseas.  I was thrilled to go overseas....and not need a passport  lol !  Keren's site is like opening  a pandora's box  for ideas needing little fuss in relation to craft materials, but managing to look expensive when finished, which make her projects great for gifts and party trimmings.   Keren also does a number of themed parties.  The last one I recall was the Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I'm sure many of you are familiar with the book.

Pam  loves to use a variety of craft techniques, and is also involved with The Chocolate Crow Trader.  Her love of craft includes dolls,  collage, etc.   From her blog, you can also click on the link to her website.

With Carmelina 's blog, you enter a world of colour.  Carmelina has an art journal/diary, in which she does beautiful artwork with paints, charcoal, etc.  It is a real treat when she posts something from her 'vault' of finished art work.  Carmelina also loves to experiment and design crochet patterns......a word of warning....her offer of a cup of tea could leave you a little parched!  :)  lol.  Sorry Carmelina,  I couldn't resist!

Another lover of crocheting, isChars , who also likes to do cross-stitch, knitting, etc.   Chars also likes to experiment with making her own designs.


Do you ever have those days when you just want to scream, or nothing can go wrong, or it needs a silver lining?  Marie has a lovely blog for you to visit.  You rarely leave her site without thinking of something that has happened to you lately for which you are grateful for....even if it is just taking the time to visit her blog.

SALLY is the sanest one of us all....lol !!  Why?......Sally doesn't have a blog.....(not when this post is being done at least!)..lol .   Her visits are still very much appreciated, and emails help too.

Renee  is another blog to visit when you have had 'one of those days'  .  Renee also enjoys crafting, quilting, knitting, etc.   Her photos are also lovely, whether it be of craft, her garden, etc.

Remember, everyone, we all started somewhere in the world of blogging.....whether we took the right road, the wrong road, a shortcut, or even the scenic route, we all get to our destination eventually!  Joolz is a newcomer to blogging, and has posted photos of bears which have been beautifully dressed.  Some of the outfits have been made from old lace and doilies.  Julie is in the process of making her own bears at the moment, which will no doubt be worth the wait!  Good Luck with the blog, Joolz!

I feel honoured to have you all as my Followers, and the friendship that has developed via blogging and emails. I also want to thank you for the blogging tips you have offered along the way.  For that alone, you deserve a very big thank you!

 I look forward to continuing the journey and hopefully meeting more people along the way via blogging, and invite anyone else who may like to come along for the ride to sign on as a Follower.  You don't have to limit yourself to only following one blog.

On that note, I think it is time to sign off on this post, and wish you all 'Happy Crafting' !  All the best,  Jenny

3 comments:

  1. aww jenny your the sweetest!
    thank you for all the lovely words for eanch and everyone of us!
    I am honored to be your first overseas follower!!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny,

    Thanks for including me. Sometimes I wish I would start a blog, but right now I think I will wait. But I love reading your blog.

    Man I used a lot of "I",s

    Have a good day,

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully sweet thing to do Jenny. I so appreciate your lovely comment and plug for my site! Thanks so much. x

    ReplyDelete