Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Monday.......

Monday, washday...........




Tuesday, ironing.........






......hard to imagine using these........




.....the picture above, is a rubbing I tried to do, to show you what was  on the iron.......


                                       No. 6
                              I & J SIDDONS
                          WEST BROMWICH


.......the iron was given to me by a lovely friend recently, and I couldn't wait to use it in my blog :)  Okay, continuing on from Tuesday.....





Wednesday, PEG  BAGS ....


......lol...I know that isn't how the rhyme goes, but I couldn't resist it for my post, as I finished making them on Wednesday.....lol... :)



Yes, here at last are my Peg Bags!  

These are weather friendly, as the rain can drain right through, and the windy weather can help dry the pegs.

I have been making them for a number of years now, and they sell for  $9.50 each (plus postage & handling) .


I hope you enjoyed this post.  Hard to imagine ironing back then.....and they call them 'the good old days' :)    It would have been good in Winter, but terrible in Summer!   (The washboard in the pics., is actually a magnetic notice board I sell in the shop).


Happy crafting,  Jenny



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny..... cute items and post! The good ole days, my foot. I'll take our modern technology and equipment any old day. Those heavy irons make great door stops...
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete