Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Going to great lengths to meet the challenge.....

Hi everyone, how has your weekend been? 
Are you still catching up on Christmas?
 
Guess what I found under the Christmas tree.....?
 
a box of Whitman's chocolates .... 

celebrating 100 years since the introduction of their 'Sampler' box...

...the enclosed book told the history of the 'Sampler' box....
apparently, the messenger boy chocolate was introduced in 1915, and is solid milk chocolate... no soft centres, or nuts.......
..... I had to be sure.... lol....
The book also tells, a 'Sampler' box is sold every 2 1/2 seconds, and was only meant to last a year.....
.....If I received it Christmas Day 2012, and emptied the box late January 2013, does that count...lol...?
 
It was interesting to read the booklet, but unfortunately no embroidery pattern included, but the sampler does get a mention in the history of the 'Sampler' box.
 
I hope you enjoyed your Christmas present too :)
 
Happy crafting,  Jenny


6 comments:

  1. I think you did well for it to last as long as it did. Lots of interesting history to read as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, yes, it was a challenge...lol... The history was interesting, too :) Happy crafting, Jenny

      Delete
  2. Looks like you enjoyed your sampling!... I mean , Sampler.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...lol... maybe you were right with 'sampling'...lol... Happy crafting, Jenny

      Delete
  3. You certainly did make sure didn't you Jenny! lol. But I love the nuts and soft centres better than the solid choc I think. and as Jackie said, you did do well to make them last that long!

    I would think you could make your own embroidery pattern couldn't you Jenny. You do lovely work and seem to know what you're doing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, I think anything chocolate is best...lol.. Thank you for the vote of confidence designing an embroidery pattern, and my craftwork. I wish people would encourage others to try craft, rather than condemn them for using the right or wrong method :) Happy crafting, Jenny

      Delete